About this listing
The Casa, Kangaroo Valley - 4pm check out Sundays and Public Holidays, except Peak Season
As featured on Married at First Sight, The Casa is an architect designed escape inspired by the warmth and character of Mediterranean farmhouses. Sleeping up to 20 guests, this stylish, comfortable and totally relaxing property is a destination unto itself - complete with beautiful lawns and gardens, swimming pool, tennis court, basketball hoop and cricket nets!
The Casa is situated on 8 acres of ‘park like’ grounds with an unrivalled perspective of the mountains and extensive views of Kangaroo Valley's ‘Red Rocks’ escarpment. Beautiful trees including magnolias, citrus trees and majestic gums, provide a colourful show throughout the year. Abundant wildlife enjoy wandering about and if you are quiet you will spy wombats, echidnas and kangaroos on the property at dawn and dusk.
- The Casa is limited to 14 adults, accompanied by up to 6 children. Bookings for more than 14 adults will be declined - sorry.
- Party groups are not accepted, smoking inside is not permitted,
- A cash bond of $1,500 applies to every booking
- The pool is 1.8 m deep so supervise children closely, please
- There are 2 beehives next to the dam, a long distance from the house, but on the property nonetheless.
Where will I be?
The Casa is located two hours from Sydney in picturesque and unique Kangaroo Valley. A place of stunning views and nature at every turn, it is said Kangaroo Valley is one of only seven truly enclosed valleys in the world. So many outdoor adventures to experience from canoeing up the Kangaroo River, food foraging, chasing waterfalls and swimming in freshwater swimming holes. Kangaroo Valley has a delightful village with great coffee, food and vintage store. The village is less than 5 mins drive from the property. It is 30 minutes from both the cosmopolitan villages of Berry and Bowral and 40 minutes from the ocean.
Why choose The Casa?
The guest experience at The Casa mirrors the uniqueness of Kangaroo Valley’s local spirit, history and dramatic surrounding landscape. A connection with nature allows our guests to step back from their fast-paced lives and enjoy the calm, serenity and peace that is at the heart of The Casa.
How is the property laid out?
The Casa offers 5 spectacular living spaces, 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and a variety of outdoor spaces, all with easy access and parking for up to 12 cars on site.
The Interior Spaces
- The Casa Lounge – A grand filled space with 6 metre cathedral ceilings and two sets of bifolds opening to the North facing Arc Courtyard
- Kitchen and Bar – is at the heart of The Casa. Featuring a 3 metre tiled bar and ‘Grande’ sized island bench. Fully equipped with a 900mm wide gas oven, dishwasher, microwave, 2 fridges, Smeg and Nespresso coffee machines and basic pantry supplies. We provide tea, ground coffee and a welcome supply of coffee capsules - appreciate our guests bring additional capsules.
- Dining – is an intimate setting with banquet style seating and a stunning 2.8 metre curved dining table. The 3 sided gas fireplace makes it a very cosy setting in the cooler months.
- Parlour – a sophisticated space with curved lounge, open wood fireplace and 4 metre daybed. A beautiful setting to host a high tea or enjoy a glass of your favourite wine by the fire.
- Reading Rooms – walk through the archway from the dining area and enjoy relaxing on the 5 metre curved day bed with beautiful natural light and French doors opening to pebble courtyard and acreage beyond. The 3 sided gas fireplace makes it a very cosy setting in the cooler months.
- The Central Bathroom - includes shower, toilet and separate wash basin with washing machine (there is also a dryer located under the stairs)
- Gallery Loft – a stunning setting boasting views of the property and escarpment beyond both north and south from this large loft space. Featuring the most stylish custom designed pool/billiard table and a very large and comfortable lounge to sit back and enjoy.
Sleeps 14 adults and 6 children. Bunks and loft beds are suitable for kids only.
- 1 x King bedroom master suite with sunroom and full ensuite with bath (sleeps 2)
- 1 x family room with ensuite: 1 x king bed and 1 x single bunk bed (sleeps 2 adults and 2 children)
- 1 x family room with ensuite 1 x King bed and 1 x single bunk bed (sleeps 2 adults and 2 children)
- 1 x Queen guest room (sleeps 2)
- 1 x Queen guest room (sleeps 2)
- 1 x bunk room: 2 Queen beds and 2 x single loft beds (sleeps 4 adults and 2 children)
The Exterior Spaces
There are 8 acres of beautiful natural landscape with mature trees and views of the Kangaroo Valley Escarpment to explore and picnic. Plus the following outdoor entertaining areas
- Tennis Court, basketball hoop and cricket net - state of the art, artificial grass
- Arc Courtyard – A large North facing pebbled courtyard with comfortable rattan armchairs, fire pit with pizza oven and grill.
- Red Rock Alfresco Dining – A large pebbled area with 2 long white dining tables and bench seats with views of the surrounding landscape, festoon lights above provide beautiful ambient light and the Firepit completes the atmosphere. A Gas BBQ is also in this area. Please ensure children are supervised around the firepit at all times.
- The Casa Cabana Bar and Plunge Pool – a resort style bar area featuring the crystal blue round plunge pool with sun lovers curved seating. The hand painted mural, built in benches and vintage tiki bar add to the fun!
Please supervise children around the pool and note that there are 2 beehives next to the dam, a long distance from the house, but on the property nonetheless.
Wi-Fi, Internet, Netflix or Pay TV, Speakers – will I have it?
The Casa has a smart TV in the Reading Room ready for your own accounts and provides complimentary NBN connection and Wi-Fi. The Casa is connected to satellite Wi-Fi, please note. there can be lags in connection with the satellite and we have a download limit imposed in this rural area.
Please note however that neither the agency nor the owner can guarantee 100% that the internet is always in service, and no compensation will be payable if problematic. If important, please therefore always have a backup plan.
Speakers - There are x 3 Boom portable speakers that can be used independently or linked up together
Keeping warm or keeping cool?
To stay warm through the cooler months The Casa is equipped with 3 fireplaces (2 x wood burning fireplaces and 1 x gas fireplace). Every bedroom is equipped with an oil heater. The fireplaces will be set up for guests and an extra amount of wood will be provided. Please ensure children are supervised around the fireplaces. Please do not leave the remote control on the gas fireplace as the surface becomes very hot.
For cooling there are air-conditioning units in the Gallery Loft and Master Bedroom. All other bedrooms have fans with remotes.
What about sheets, towels and other supplies?
The Casa supplies luxury linen and towels. Please however bring your favourite beach towel for use with the swimming pool.
Parking for cars, boats etc.?
The Casa has a parking for up to 14 cars in our designated car park.
Is my dog or cat also welcome to stay?
Unfortunately to help protect the local wildlife The Casa is not pet friendly.
Is there any special information that I should know about?
Please note there is an unfenced dam on the property in the South Western corner. Please ensure children are supervised at all times.
You may meet some native wildlife or come across a few creepy crawlies outdoors. A barbed wire fence ensures the cows and sheep next door do not wander into The Casa grounds. Please ensure children are supervised at all times.
Please note we solely use rainwater at The Casa for all water use. This is safe to drink and we have a 3 step filter system in place. Water is to be used as sparingly as possible.
Septic System / Envirocycle
The Casa runs on an Envirocycle Septic System. It is most important chemicals, antibacterial products, medicines, oil, solvents, ground coffee, etc. do not go down the sink. Please do not flush anything except toilet paper. All our products are biodegradable.
There are 2 beehives next to the dam, a long distance from the house, but on the property nonetheless.
What are the minimum stay rules?
- Peak Season: Between 2 and 7 nights, depending on the property
- Easter: 4 nights
- Long Weekends: 3 nights
- All other times: 2 nights
Are there any special Peak Season rules?
Please note that during Peak Season, our properties may have designated changeover days so as to make the cleaning rosters manageable. We also do not schedule arrivals on the Christmas, Boxing, and New Years Day public holidays.
About The Holidays Collection
This property is professionally managed by a dedicated holiday rental agency with offices in Gerringong, Hyams Beach and Bowral. We have over 270 properties in Kiama, Gerringong, Gerroa, Berry, Huskisson, Vincentia, Hyams Beach and the Southern Highlands. We offer guests 24/7 customer service - emergency calls only after hours, please.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-26251